Charles Maleham Early A&D Patent Boxlock, an early and historic example of the original Anson & Deeley boxlock patent no. 1756 circa 1875 bearing patent use number 148 and made by Westley Richards where both Mr. Anson and Mr. Deeley were employed, the 148th boxlock ever made and circa 1878, 12 bore, 2 1/2" chambers, original 30" fine damascus barrels exhibiting the patent characteristic single lump and miraculously retaining their original and only black powder proof, triple bite doll's head rib extension, rib engraved "Chas. H. Maleham, 20 Regent St. Waterloo Place, London SW, No. 1500", choked .010 IC and .026 IM, 14 1/2" LOP over a Silver's pad, 1 1/2" DAC, 2" DAH, neutral cast, 7 lbs. 2 oz., extractor, double triggers, straight grip, splinter forend with Perkes style long lever release, smooth concave game rib, automatic safety, Westley Richards patent top lever, A&D patent boxlock action with the characteristic square section cocking levers of the first guns, action stamped on water table "Anson & Deeley Patent" and "148" indicating use number, patent use mark also stamped on single lump section of barrel flats and extractor face, action scroll engraved with maker's name on sides, figured English walnut stock with drop points, vacant gold stock oval. The gun remains in very nice condition with good barrel brown, shiny bores, tight action, and well kept oil finish. Bores at .730 and .730. Minimum wall thickness at .021 and .022. A scare and important early A&D Patent gun.