In honor of the 90th anniversary of the year Irving Schott designed the Perfecto® black leather motorcycle jacket, the 3rd and 4th generations of the Schott family have released a commemorative limited edition Perfecto® jacket. Only 500 individually numbered jackets have been produced for worldwide (we are hearing there may be as few as 100 in the US). The vintage inspired jacket, complete with authentic 1950’s design details, is handmade in the Schott NYC factory in Union, New Jersey.
In 1928, Irving Schott created the first black leather motorcycle jacket for the burgeoning new vehicles gaining popularity at the time. Named after his favorite
shape of cigar, the Perfecto® jacket, was built as a functional utilitarian garment and in 90 years has become a cultural icon in style and history both in the motorcycle world and on the rock-and-roll stage.
The 90th Anniversary Perfecto is made from midweight, full aniline, drum dyed, hand cut, waxy pebbled steerhide leather. It features a detachable genuine mouton fur collar that wraps around the standard leather collar and snaps in place inside the jacket. Vintage 1950’s Perfecto era details include: replica zippers made with traditional techniques featuring pressed metal sliders, U shaped top and bridge stops for pocket zippers specifically plated for an aged finish, era zipper pulls and belt buckle. Inside is a grey herringbone wool lining with nylon quilted kicker for added warmth and padding along with an individually numbered leather patch.
The best handmade authentic jacket they can make that is destined to be a definite collector's item.
- Midweight, full aniline, drum dyed, hand cut, waxy pebbled cowhide leather
- Black detachable genuine mouton collar
- Grey herringbone wool lining with nylon quilted kicker for added warmth and padding
- Antique zinc snaps on the two lower lapels and exclusive Schott NYC logo snap cap on the back neck as a modernized design detail paying homage to the signature functional feature
- Vintage 1950’s Perfecto® label
- Vintage 1950’s replica zippers made with traditional techniques featuring pressed metal sliders, U shaped top and bridge stops for pocket zippers specifically plated for an aged finish
- Oblong leather zipper pull with authentic original hardware design
- Vintage replica stamped belt buckle
- Individually numbered leather patch on the inside map pocket
- Handmade in the USA
- Packaged in vintage inspired 90th anniversary cigar box and includes individually numbered certificate of authenticity with commemorative seal
- 500 total units worldwide (may be as few as 100 in the US)
- Slim fit
- 26" back length
- No. PER90 Black