A bold step forward in reel design, the Hardy® Ultralite MTX-S is our first fly reel to feature a hybrid carbon fibre / alloy main frame construction with a sealed disc drag system. Strong, light and with a stunning industrial design, the MTX-S features a carbon fibre drag system, 340 degree colour coded regulator, captive spool release and high line capacity.
- Hybrid Frame Design - Hardy set out to make the lightest possible fly reel for everything from light freshwater angling to light saltwater angling. The MTX-S features a hybrid carbon fiber/aluminum alloy frame with a full sealed disc drag system for performance and decreased weight. The reel also has a super large arbor for increased retrieval rates and is roughly 8% lighter than Hardy’s previous iteration of the reel, the MTX.
- Type II Anodized Finish - The two-tone anodizing on the MTX-S is rigid and strong to preserve the structure of the reel and to increase durability. Type II anodizing holds up well to dings and scrapes. It also protects the reel from harsh weather conditions and ensures high performance for the lifetime of the reel.
- Carbon Fiber/ Aluminum - The MTX-S features a hybrid carbon fiber frame and an aluminum spool. The reel’s carbon fiber frame decreases overall reel weight without sacrificing structural integrity. The combination of these materials makes the MTX-S one of the lightest freshwater reels on the market.
- Drag - The MTX-S is built on a disc drag system. Disc drags offer strong fish-stopping abilities and easy drag adjustability. This particular drag is sized perfectly to fit any freshwater or saltwater angler’s needs without adding too much weight to the reel. The disc drag on the MTX-S is made with carbon fiber composite materials. Hardy has utilized carbon composites to keep the drag system lightweight without sacrificing strength or longevity.
- Ultra Large Arbor - The ultra-large arbor design of the MTX-S allows anglers to pick line up quickly and efficiently. Line pickup is important when fighting freshwater and saltwater fish and the MTX-S is designed to help you land fish quicker.