This warm and durable jacket is made with the waxed-cotton fabric that’s provided protection from weather and wear in Pacific Northwest forests for more than a century. That Tin Cloth is combined with the leading-edge insulation for an unrivalled blend of durability and warmth.
The Tin cloth shell fabric is tightly-woven waxed canvas that’s been treated with liquefied wax under high heat and pressure. This drives wax into the core of the cotton fibers for lasting water resistance. The fabric’s tight weave makes exceptionally abrasion-resistant and tear-resistant. Filson's oil finish Tin Cloth can be rewaxed repeatedly over the years to maintain water resistance for decades of service.
PrimaLoft® was originally developed for the U.S. Army to mimic goose down’s lightweight warmth and packability while providing superior insulating ability when wet. The 100g PrimaLoft® Gold insulation used in this jacket has been tested to retain 98% of its warmth in soaking conditions. With zippers securing the fleece-lined hand and single chest pockets, your essentials will remain safe. The polyester lining slides easily over layers. Zippered front closure. Rib-knit cuffs.
- Tin Cloth waxed canvas shell fabric is highly water-resistant and durable
- Insulated with Primaloft Gold for dry or wet performance
- Zippered front closure and pockets
- Standing collar
- Rib-knit cuffs
- Drawcord-adjustable hem
- 14-oz. 100% cotton oil finish Tin Cloth + 76g polyester lining + polyester fleece + 100g Primaloft Gold insulation + rib-knit nylon
- Relaxed fit (chest measurements:
- No. 20263397 Dark Tan